2/20/2018

Porto, Paty and Pluma

A few weeks ago one volunteer took Porto, Paty and Pluma into her home, to spend a few days.
Now, she is telling us that experience.

"Porto, Paty, Pluma
I know the three siblings Porto, Pluma and Paty for two years now and I came for many visits to the shelter. It hurts me so much to leave them behind every time again but my life situation does not allow an adoption. To me they are just angels. While I was helping in the shelter for some weeks I took Patty and Pluma and their brother Porto for a walk every morning.
Going for a walk with them is like walking with a wolf pack. They constantly look where their siblings and their people are going, check on each other, and touch my hands or legs with their noses. All three are very attentive and listen as soon as their person makes a sound. As soon as I stopped somewhere with them they came to gather around me and Porto and Paty love to lie down in the sand and dig holes or have their bellies scratched and just relax. Pluma always took the chance of a break to come close to me and cuddle.
This winter I went on a two weeks holiday with the two girls, Paty and Pluma.

PORTO
Porto might look like a big wolf but he is very tender and calm. He is the least timid of the three and does not hesitate to say hello to a person he doesn’t know. He always listens when he is called and loves to eat sticks or play with a ball.

PATY
Paty is the cute and a bit timid of the three. By growing up in a shelter the outside world becomes full of crazy things like cars, people, and loud noises. So Paty is a bit fearful in the beginning but she is a very fast learner and very trustful after some time. First she was hesitant to approach my boyfriend because she had never seen him before but already on the third day she came towards him every morning ready for giving kisses with her nose.
After long walks and big meals she loves to sleep with all four legs in the air. She is social with other dogs but she prefers small dogs to big ones and likes to ask them to go playing. Paty is more independent than her sister and loves to explore the environment. But she is incredibly attentive and always listens when she is called. Amazing was that after two days she had learned not to pee in the house – I didn’t even try to teach her because it was just a holiday but she just did everything always outside.
After some days we left Paty and her sister Pluma alone in the house for a few hours and watched on video call on the phone if they were doing fine. They were relaxing, sleeping, eating a bone and when we came back, nothing was destroyed and everybody was very happy to be together again. Paty just loves being outside and relax with her people around her, cuddle and be close.
PLUMA
Pluma does never lose sight of her person. She always wants to be close and wanted to accompany me. She walked next to me even off the leash and always looks at me, checks on me, my boyfriend, her sister, if everybody is there and then coming back to me holding her nose into my hand to confirm that everything is good. By growing up in a shelter the outside world becomes full of crazy things like cars, people, and loud noises. Outside Pluma is alert when strangers approach and she becomes a bit nervous about it but always had an eye on me and would always come when I called her. Amazing was that after two days she had learned not to pee in the house – I didn’t even try to teach her because it was just a holiday but she just did everything always outside.
After some days we left Pluma and her sister Paty alone in the house for a few hours and watched on video call on the phone if they were doing fine. They were relaxing, sleeping, eating a bone and when we came back, nothing was destroyed and everybody was very happy to be together again. 
Pluma is social with other dogs but not extremely interested in them. Calling her she always listens and is very attentive. Pluma loves to be close to her people and when she falls for someone she bonds intensely. She is a bit fearful in the beginning but when someone gains her trust she will always follow. Even if she is afraid of something when her person goes, she will go as well."














Sem comentários: